Friday, March 13, 2020

15A- Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 2

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 2


I interviewed two college students that have recently had an issue with having their computer or device hacked. I will also be interviewing my dad who is an IT manager at Rackspace a Cloud based company to find out the buyer behavior for my product.

Alternative evaluation
After asking several questions to find out why my interviewers purchase security software in order to protect data on technology. I realized that the common theme between all of my interviewers is that they all have been comprised by hackers and don’t want that to happen again. Whether it is a personal matter or professional matter I learned that people just want their private information protected. When talking about how they choose between security software products I realized that most people responded to getting good reviews from credible new sources.  

How/where do they buy
I began to also ask them questions about where they buy these types of products usually and the most popular answer was online or at known technology stores such as; Best buy, Radio shack, or on amazon. I also was curious to see where they purchase most of their other products also, the most common answer was on amazon. When purchasing something that is this expensive, I was also told that three interviewers is most likely to pay with a credit card allowing them to pay back over time, this makes sense because most of the purchases are done online and you can’t pay cash online.

Post-purchase evaluation
I saw that after my three interviewers purchased the product, they either had a good reaction to the product or a bad reaction to it. When they had a good experience with the product, they are more likely to promote to their friends and give positive feedback. When my Interviewers purchased something, they didn’t like they would become disloyal customers and give the company negative feedback. After purchasing my product or products similar though the consumer felt a sense of a relief that they can use personal information on their laptop without it getting compromised.

Conclusion
After reviewing the information and feedback that I received from conducting my three different interviews I determined that most people will pay for my product based off of quality. There are million products just like mine but having the one that is tested unhackable will give it an edge on the market compared to its competitors. Also after asking questions about the payment methods used by our interviewers they said with a product that is the pricey they would normally use credit card because most of the time they are purchasing such products on an online e-commerce store.  

8 comments:

  1. Hi Austin,

    I really enjoyed reading your blog and the interviews you conducted. I thought it made sense that your interviewers would prefer to use a credit card for a large purchase. Also, I think expensive items in the technology sphere usually are judged by consumers off of quality rather than price. I think that was a good conclusion that you made and something to focus that quality is more important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Austin,

    Great job summarizing your interviews and identifying their purchase behavior. I can see that most of them like to get information before making a purchase and they mainly buy this type of product online and pay with a credit card which to me is pretty interesting. I also notice that if they had a good experience with the product they tend to promote if it’s the opposite they give negative feedbacks. My question is do they try to contact the company first and ask them of a refund or any type of solution before giving back reviews? Also, do this type of companies reach out to them after they purchase the product to know if the customer is satisfied? Overall, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Austin,
    I think that in our connected world of the internet today, a service that helps save people from getting hacked would be very helpful. Based on your interviews, these people also feel the same. I have actually been hacked before myself. It was a very scary thing to have happen, and I would absolutely spend money on a service that saves me from that happening again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input. Let's got have a beer or something when we get back man!

      Delete
  4. Austin,

    I enjoyed the way you laid out your post as it clearly demonstrates the various methods of evaluation needed to better understand the consumer market. It is obviously very important to understand the consumers' core reason for purchasing and to find their value regarding the product. Understanding how, why, and when customers would buy the product is also valuable to better grasp the chance of purchase. I also like that you formed a solid conclusion about the quality of the product and the various preferred payment methods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Austin,

    I really enjoyed your post and found your interviews to be a clear indicator of the consumer market for your software. If you are able to prove to your consumers that this software will make their platform un-hackable, then your product will beat out any of the competition in this industry. Overall, I really enjoyed your post. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Austin,

    I really enjoyed reading about your latest interviews. As I was reading your post I began to think about how Covid-19 is affecting businesses right now. Small businesses aren't obtaining the cash flow that they would normally receive. I think companies need to be extra careful this time of year of online hackers stealing private information. I'm glad you helping our country avoid big technology issues like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Austin,

    I found your post to be very clear and it looks like you have a very good idea of what your consumer market would look like when trying to implement it.I think you program would be great if you can provide this un-hackable software. It would be my ideal product that I would in interested in. With all your information online it becomes increasingly worrying that it might get hacked. Great Idea and It would be very helpful to most peoples everyday life.

    ReplyDelete

27A- Reading Reflection No.3

Reading Reflection No.3 Thinking Fast and Slow- Daniel Kahneman For book reflection number 3 I deiced to read “Thinking Fast and Slo...